Health is defined by the World Health Organization as, “…a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life. “Wellness [is] the optimal state of health of individuals and groups. [Including the]..realization of the fullest potential of an individual physically, psychologically, socially, spiritually and economically, and the fulfillment of one’s role expectations in the family, community, place of worship, workplace and other settings.” – The World Health Organization.
Wellness is a broad term used to describe various aspects of one’s health. It is a process of continued growth in order to be happy, healthy and fulfilled.
Wellness consultations consist of a 45 – 60 minute one-on-one confidential appointment. Please email email@example.com for any questions.
- Learn about:
- Stress and relaxation – discuss the symptoms of stress and explore relaxation exercises and practices
- Sleep – the importance of getting enough sleep and what you can do to promote a better night’s sleep
- Time Management-how you can maximize your time
- Develop goals
- To take better care of yourself
- Use your time more effectively
- Create strategies that work for you:
- Discover new ways to reduce stress
- Create new ways to management your time
- Create a self-care plan
Are you interested in scheduling a fun and interactive wellness workshop for a group of 12 or more? To see the complete list of wellness workshops offered, please click here for our Healthy Tune Up request form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our Healthy Tune Up Workshops.
Online Tools & Assessments
Counseling Center – Student Services I, Room 2001 | 949-824-6457
Student Health Center – 501 Student Health Center | 949-824-5301
Anteater Recreation Center – 680 California Ave | 949-824-4822