Objective: To empower students to make informed decisions around alcohol through individual education and outreach programs (educational presentations, events, displays) to foster academic success and overall health and wellness.
Consultations consist of a 45–60 minute one-on-one confidential appointment. Please call 949-824-9355 to make an appointment.
- Learn About:
- The Basics of Alcohol – The short- and long-term effects of alcohol, how to calculate your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC), and how to calculate a standard drink size.
- Harm Reduction Strategies – The importance of having a plan before you go out, and strategies on how to reduce high-risk drinking.
- Alcohol poisoning (AKA Alcohol Overdose) – Signs and symptoms, how to respond in an emergency.
- Create Strategies That Work for You:
- Analyze current drinking habits and create new ones.
- Utilize harm reduction strategies to reduce high-risk drinking behaviors.
- Discover healthy alternatives to drinking.
- Take Action:
- Medical Amnesty – Make the call, get help, save a life.
- Receive proper referrals, if necessary.
Are you interested in scheduling a fun and interactive workshop for a group of 25 or more on alcohol? Fill out the workshop request form here. Additionally, you may email email@example.com for more information about our Health & Wellness Workshops.
Campus AA Meetings
If you are interested in attending an AA meeting, please contact Gary R. at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the program and when meetings are.
Concerned about your use or your friend’s alcohol use? Check out these links:
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- College Drinking Prevention
- Alcoholics Anonymous
If you have medical concerns related to your alcohol use, contact the UCI Student Health Center at 949-824-5301.
If you would like to speak to a counselor, contact the UCI Counseling Center at 949-824-6457.