Objective: to empower students to make informed decisions around alcohol through individual education and outreach programs (educational presentations, events, displays) to foster academic success and overall health and wellness.
Alcohol consultations consist of a 45 – 60 minute one-on-one confidential appointment. Please call 949-824-9355 to make an appointment.
- Learn about:
- Alcohol basics – short and long term effects of alcohol, how to calculate BAC, what is a standard drink
- How to party safe – the importance of having a plan when you go out, strategies on how to reduce high-risk drinking
- Effects of alcohol use on academic performance
- Alcohol poisoning – signs and symptoms, what to do in an emergency
- Develop goals:
- Replace old habits with new ones
- Create strategies that work for you:
- Handle urges to drink
- Build refusal skills
- Discover healthy alternatives to drinking
- Recover if you slip
- Take action:
- Make the call, get help, save a life – medical amnesty
Are you interested in scheduling a fun and interactive alcohol and other drug workshop for a group of 12 or more? To see the complete list of wellness workshops offered check out our Healthy Tune Up request form. Email email@example.com for more information about our Healthy Tune Up workshops.
Concerned about your use or your friend’s use? Check out these links:
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- College Drinking Prevention
- Alcoholics Anonymous
If you have medical concern related to your alcohol use, contact the UCI Student Health Center at 949-824-5301.
If you would like to speak to a counselor, contact the UCI Counseling Center at 949-824-6457.