Student Employment Opportunities:
The Center for Student Wellness & Health Promotion always accepts applications for employment although we may not currently be hiring. Students who are eligible for the work study program are preferred, however all applications will be reviewed for the best fit. When we have openings, we will post them on Handshake.
Undergraduate Internship Opportunities:
School of Public Health Practicum (PH 195W)
10-week, 8 unit class (100 hours) for those majoring in the School of Public Health
- Recommend applying two quarters beforehand as this site fills quickly and this allows us time for interviews, selection, and site confirmation.
- Please review the School of Public Health “Procedures and Deadlines” and “Catalog” tabs for the Public Health Practicum with your Student login information.
- For more information please contact School of Public Health
School of Social Ecology Field Study (SE 195)
- 4-8 units class (80 hours for 4 units; 160 hours for 8 units) for those majoring in Social Ecology
- Recommend applying two quarters beforehand as this site fills quickly and this allows us time for interviews, selection, and site confirmation
- Please review the School of Social Ecology guidelines for Field Study and Field Study Catalog with our internship information.
- For more information please contact the School of Social Ecology
Description of Tasks (Practicum and Field Study Interns)
- Front desk tasks which include: assisting students and guests who arrive at the center, answering phone calls, inputting data, restocking supplies and printing.
- Working with Program Managers: Working on a variety of projects/tasks for any one of 5 managers (nutrition, sexual health, alcohol & other drug, mental health, stress management/self-care). Please review the topics here.
- Summer Field Study: Participate in SPOP events to table for transfer students, four year students and international students and their parents to inform them of our programs and services. In addition, to front desk and working with program managers.
Please contact Beth England-Mackie for more information, email@example.com.
Graduate Internship Opportunities:
The Center for Student Wellness & Health Promotion accepts applications for Graduate Student Practicums, although we may not currently be in need of one. Because of on going recruitment & student availability, we only have enough slots for one or two students who are eligible through Graduate Student Practicums. Please plan ahead of time to advise of your internship interest.
Please contact our front office by phone to get instructions on how to apply 949-824-9355.
Please email our Director, Doug Everhart, M.Ed. at firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include your:
- Professional Resume/CV, and
- Professional cover letter stating your qualifications, learning interests, expected length of internship, and why you are interested in interning at the UCI Center for Student Wellness & Health Promotion.