The Center for Student Wellness & Health Promotion is proud to offer a lactation station for the campus community. This is a quiet, comfortable, secure room where parents can breastfeed or pump for their child. Refrigeration for pumped milk is also available. A diaper changing station is located adjacent to the space. In addition, we have informational resources on pregnancy and breastfeeding. Learn more about the Lactation Accommodation Act at UCI.
The Lactation Station is located in the Center for Student Wellness and Health Promotion office, on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, right off of Ring Road and across from UCI Hospitality and Dining (G319).
The Lactation Station is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The space is available on a first come, first served basis, with a 30-minute time allotment. This is to ensure fair utilization of services.
- Private room
- Diaper changing station
- Electrical outlet
- Sink with hot water (in adjoining bathroom)
- Refrigerator space*
- Free insulated bags*
- Healthy snacks*
- Chair and table
- Wheelchair-accessible unisex restroom
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding resources
The Lactation Station is here for you! Please come and enjoy our amenities. If you need more information, please contact us.
*At this location only
Other on-campus breastfeeding accommodations
The UCI Campus has 15 campus lactation rooms for employees, students and guests. Rooms are locally managed by the school/department and may have limited access.
- Applied Innovation* – 5270 California Ave, Suite 100
- Division of Continuing Education – Continuing Education I Room 2012 (Bldg 8)
- Facilities Management – 201 Facilities Management Building (Bldg 92)
- Human Resources – 111 Theory, Suite 200 (Bldg F)
- Infant and Toddler Center* – 533 California Ave Room 131 (Bldg 533)
- Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Building* – 1305 ISEB (Bldg 419)
- School of Biological Sciences – McGaugh Hall Room 1301 (Bldg 503)
- School of Business – Merage School of Business SB1, Room 3214 (Bldg 222)
- School of Humanities – Krieger Hall Room 123 (Bldg 600)
- School of Information and Computer Sciences* – Donald Bren Hall Room 6101 (Bldg 314)
- School of Law* – Law Building Room 4800X (Bldg 4)
- School of Social Ecology – Social Ecology I Room 261 (Bldg 210)
- University Advancement* – 100 Theory, Room 255 (Bldg D)
*Lactation room is limited to department/school’s employees, students, and visitors.