Objective: to prevent addiction of other drugs such as cannabis, over-the-counter, prescription drugs and other illicit drugs. We aim to increase students’ self-efficacy to make informed decisions regarding their drug use through individual education and outreach programs (educational presentations, events, displays).
AOD consultations (vaping, nicotine, cannabis, prescription drugs, etc.) consist of a 30 – 60 minute one-on-one confidential appointment. Please call 949-824-9355 to make an appointment.
Learn about drug-related topics
- Effect of drugs on the body and academic performance
- Drug use on the body
- Safety strategies – the importance of having a plan when you go out, strategies on how to reduce high-risk drug use
- Effects of drug use on academic performance
- Addiction and overdose – signs and symptoms, what to do in an emergency
- Replace old habits with new ones
Create strategies that work for you
- Handle urges to use drugs
- Build refusal skills
- Discover healthy alternatives to using drugs
- Recover if you slip
- Make the call, get help, save a life – medical amnesty
- California’s 911 Good Samaritan Law
- Provides limited protection from arrest, charge, and prosecution for people who seek emergency medical assistance at the scene of a suspected drug overdose
Are you interested in scheduling a fun and interactive workshop for a group of 25 or more on vaping, cannabis, or prescription drugs? Fill out the workshop request form [here]. Additionally you may email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our Health & Wellness Workshops
JUUL Exchange Program
Interested in quitting vaping? Start by getting rid of your e-cigarettes and e-liquid pods! Students can exchange their vaping devices at the Center for Student Wellness & Health Promotion front desk for a complimentary swipe into the Anteatery or Brandywine! (Limit 2 per student).
- Call 866-NEW-LUNG for FREE help for teens and adults, and FREE nicotine patches for adults.
- UCI Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- UC Irvine Campus Police
If you have medical concern related to your alcohol use, contact the UCI Student Health Center at 949-824-5301.
If you would like to speak to a counselor, contact the UCI Counseling Center at 949-824-6457.