The 18-24 year old population is the highest risk group for tobacco use. Consistent and prolonged tobacco use is detrimental to health, but even occasional tobacco use can lead to health risks.
Objective: Prevent tobacco use/nicotine addiction through individual education and outreach events that foster academic success and overall health and wellness.
Tobacco consultations consist of 45-60 minute one-on-one confidential appointments. Please call 949-824-9355 to make an appointment.
Learn about tobacco-related topics
- Tobacco/Nicotine Addiction
- Emerging Tobacco (i.e. e-cigs, vapes, hookah)
- Tobacco Cessation Strategies/Resources
- Self Awareness (recognize adaptive vs. maladaptive behaviors, identify triggers, etc.)
- Design a Plan (change/maintain healthy behaviors)
Create self efficacy
- Be informed- educate yourself on the latest tobacco related research/trends
- Be proactive- implement protective factors such as yoga, deep breathing, regular physical activity, limit caffeine, etc.
- Pledge to be tobacco/nicotine-free
Tobacco education materials are available to students and campus groups/organizations to aid in program development. Free quit kits are available for students interested in quitting tobacco or for students interested in encouraging a friend to quit tobacco.
Are you interested in scheduling a fun and interactive wellness workshop for a group of 25 or more on cannabis, tobacco, or prescription drugs? Fill out the workshop request form here. Additionally, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our Healthy Tune Up Workshops.
Cessation consultations are available upon request
Student Health Center 1-949-824-5301
- Consultation for OTC Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)/prescription tobacco cessation medication
- Referrals to additional behavioral counseling
NEW LUNG 1-866-New-Lung
- “Just the Facts” 5 Week Tobacco Cessation Program
- 2—45 minute seminars or 1—90 minute seminar
- In-person/phone counseling
- FREE nicotine patches at seminar completion
- Available throughout South Orange County in English, Spanish, & Vietnamese
Nicotine Anonymous 1-877-879-6422
- 12 Step program offering group support and recovery from nicotine addiction (email@example.com)
Health Education in UCI Manchester Pavilion
- Stop Smoking Series (four sessions)
California Smokers’ Helpline 1-800-NO-BUTTS
- FREE telephone program to help you quit, self-help materials, & referral list of other programs