Objective: to prevent addiction of other drugs such as cannabis, over-the-counter, prescription drugs and other illicit drugs. We aim to increase students’ self-efficacy to make informed decisions regarding their drug use through individual education and outreach programs (educational presentations, events, displays).
AOD consultations consist of a 30 – 60 minute one-on-one confidential appointment. Please call 949-824-9355 to make an appointment.
Learn about drug-related topics
- Drug use on the body
- Safety strategies – the importance of having a plan when you go out, strategies on how to reduce high-risk drug use
- Effects of drug use on academic performance
- Addiction and overdose – signs and symptoms, what to do in an emergency
- Replace old habits with new ones
Create strategies that work for you
- Handle urges to use drugs
- Build refusal skills
- Discover healthy alternatives to using drugs
- Recover if you slip
- Make the call, get help, save a life – medical amnesty
- UCI Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- UC Irvine Campus Police
If you have medical concern related to your alcohol use, contact the UCI Student Health Center at 949-824-5301.
If you would like to speak to a counselor, contact the UCI Counseling Center at 949-824-6457.[/vc_column_text][/tab][/tabbed_section][/vc_column][/vc_row]